Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Nothing Much


I got a few rows of the V-Neck tank done last night but it pretty much looks the same so I didn't bother with new photos. I've noticed I knit much slower with this tape yarn than I do with other yarns. Usually with stockinette stitch the work flies off my needles. Another reason it takes me longer is that I do four rows off of one ball and then four rows off the other ball. My LYS owner suggested that I do this because the yarn is hand painted so, unlike other yarns where you can just make sure they are from the same dye lot, they may be different enough from each other to be noticeable. And considering the price per skein you don't want to make something you wouldn't want to wear later.



We did finally get our back yard sodded. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled. I know I am. We had a little jungle out there last year. Tami-cat loved it. She'd spend hours out there stalking crickets and moths. (She would always be kind enough to bring pieces of them inside with her to share with us.) The weeds were dense enough that when it came time to bring her in it would take an extra 10 to 15 minutes just to find her. She was quite upset when we went out there and pulled all the weeds up in our unfortunate attempt to plant grass last fall.
I had this wonderful idea that we should plant buffalo grass plugs. Buffalo grass is native to this area and supposedly loves clay soil (which we have an abundance of). It took HOURS to get each little plug planted on square foot away from the last little plug. The back yard never appeared to be that big until you start crawling around in it and stopping every 12 inches. Needless to say, it didn't work out so well and so we pouted, whined, and stomped our feet, then called somebody else to come and fix it all. (We being mostly me). Tom never said "I told you so" but I'm sure he thought it quite often (expecially during the crawling around the "it's not that big" backyard). So now I'm happy that it's all done. Tom, on the other hand is just waiting for it to start growing and dreading all the mowing he sees in his near future. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home