Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Quiet times


Well the family came and went. They are so enjoyable to have for a visit. Marion decided she wanted to learn how to knit (oh JOY). She played around with some of my stash yarn all weekend and has really gotten the hang of it if you ask me. I sent her home with the yarn and some needles. I'm thinking of getting her "Stitch N Bitch" after my next payday. I'll finally have someone in the family to talk to about yarn. This is so exciting.



It's almost as exciting as the fact that the V-Neck tank is finished!! I absolutely love how it has turned out. The changes I made to the straps are hardly noticeable (unless you saw the horrible I-cord I had on it at first). I finished it two nights ago actually but finally got some time with the photographer and had a photo to post. What fun is it to brag about a FO when you can't post on what it looks like. If you click on the picture there is a close up of the tank.



Gigi is also coming along nicely. I've finished one sleeve and started the next one. It's knitting up very fast and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I think I'm going to go with a white contrast color. It's almost a cream and the rest of the sweater is so bright that I think it will work out how I want. If not I can just go buy a different color. Darn. *heehee*

I'm not sure how much knitting time I'll end up with this weekend as we have a fun filled camping weekend planned. I think I'll bring the bottoms up with me and see if I can't get it finished. I have enough yarn to make two if I'm really speedy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful fun filled holiday weekend. I know I plan to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home