Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Good Stuff




I attended my first knitting meetup last night. I'm very glad I went. I had almost changed my mind because the weather was kind of bad but the drive turned out to be normal (was expecting worse) and the people were great. I think that a total of 7 of us attended and everyone was wonderful. One of the ladies has some of the most interesting gadgets. There were a few people that were just learning to knit so we showed them some things. I love new knitters. They are so excited about everything there is to learn and all the different things there are to make. There were a few that have been knitting about as long as I have and few that have been knitting longer.



I started working on my wrap again. I love how it's coming along. The coloring is fantastic. If you click on the photo there's a nice close up of the stitch detail and coloring. The Lorna's Laces is nice to work with as well. I'm much happier now that I switched over to the bamboo needles. It is a very simple pattern but the rows where there are a lot of yo and k2tog gets a little confusing when you are also trying to chat with a bunch of people. I had to rip one row back almost to the beginning because I wasn't paying attention and messed up. It was nice to be surrounded by people that have all been there and done that at some point. I just get "uh-huh" from T.

My LYS has started a really neat charity project called "81 Squares of Love" and I signed up. She is having us knit afghan squares (all from the same pattern, we sign up for what square we want to make) for families that have lost children. All the money we spend for supplies will be donated to the charity that the family chooses and the family will receive the afghan. How fun is that? So, I'm making two squares for the first blanket. She picked a great book too because there are squares for every knitter on each blanket. Some are very difficult and others are super easy. I picked the ones I did because there is bead work on them and I've never done any knitting with beads. The book is really neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home