Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, June 21, 2004

Weekend Knits


What a wonderful weekend. Not only did I knit till it hurt, but I saw a couple of movies, and spent some time on the telephone with my Dad.

**WARNING - sentamental non-knitting paragraph**
I hope all fathers out there had a wonderful fathers day. My dad said he did. This brings me joy. My dad lives about 1000 miles away from me (by my choice, not his - I'd bet I would live right down the street from him if it were his choice) so I don't spend as much time with him as I would like. Our relationship has improved greatly over the last few years despite the distance. I'm very grateful for him and my mom.

I got out to the movies this weekend. I saw the third Harry Potter movie and Shrek2. I LOVED them both. The second Shrek was funnier than the first, if that is possible and the third Harry Potter was very well done considering all the changes from the last movie (new Dumbledore and director).

On to knitting...
Gigi is nearly finished. I am up at the neck decreases. The only part I had a difficult time with was when you attach the sleeves and work them into the body. It wanted to turn before my needles would allow it (if that makes sense) but I've finally knit enough rows to relax that.

I also worked on the Diamond Pullover. I haven't picked that up in quite a while so I had to re-figure out how to do it, but once I did it went much faster than I remember. I am nearly finished with the front piece.

Gotta get to work. Have a great Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home