Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, June 18, 2004

You Learn Something New Everyday


As the old saying goes...
I learned two new things today. The first was how to do intarsia knitting. This is very exciting for me. For some reason color knitting always scared me and I've never given it a try. I've really wanted to but I didn't feel like I got a good enough grasp of it from pictures in a book. So I stopped in at the LYS today at lunch and the owner sat down and showed me a thing or two. I'm really excited about it now and have a bunch of ideas.

The second thing I learned is that I purl wrong. Wow. This really floored me. I was very grateful to find out that I've been doing this wrong but I've been doing it that way for two years. It is going to take some time for the correct way to feel natural. I am also very glad to learn it because I always thought my stockinette looked a little off but couldn't figure out how. The way I used to do it caused an extra bit of twist (I think) and made the stockinette lumpy, no matter how carefully I knit it. I'm sure it is only obvious to me, and maybe some very good knitters out there, but I'm so excited to find out I was actually doing something wrong and I'm not doomed to lumpy stockinette for the rest of my days. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home