Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, August 02, 2004

Aztec



I finished my second afghan square and actually took a photo before I turned it in. I don't remember if I shared this project with you. My LYS decided to start a charity project she dubbed "81 squares of love". She picked an afghan pattern from Magic Carpet Afghan in "100 Afghan Squares to Knit" and people signed up to make two each. They ranged from simple patterns to complex ones so everyone could play along. We then bought our yarn and started working on our squares. The afghan is being donated to a local family that has lost a child. All the money we spent on supplies will be donated to a charity of that families choice. I picked a challenging square (for me anyway) and really enjoyed working on it. It was my first attempt at color work more complicated than stripes and my first go with using beads in my knitting. I love them both. I admit I prefer fair isle to intarsia but both are fun. Using beads wasn't nearly as intimidating as I first thought and I really enjoyed that bit as well.

Bjerk is coming along nicely. I finished the fairisle bit that goes around the chest area late last night. I should have a pic of that tomorrow. I also worked on a new afghan for the living room. I have so much Red Heart yarn left over from when I started learning to knit. I bought a bunch of it and then discovered the yummy lushness of Rowan and haven't looked back. I hate the thought of wasting yarn, and have used quite a bit for critter knitters blankies, but have a lot left so I decided to make a little throw out of it.

Well, happy Monday (if there is such a thing :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home