Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, September 10, 2004

Bjerk body


See... I've been knitting. :D Here's a good shot of the body of Bjerk. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to sleeve island I go...



I have really enjoyed knitting this but I don't really like the transition between the fair isle and the plain stockinette (click on the photo for a close up of the transition). The pattern has you change to larger needles for that part and to me it makes the stitches seem gigantic and lumpy in comparison with the stockinette. I'm sure part of it is that it's my first go at fair isle and my tension could use some improvement. I was wondering though if anyone else has knit something like this? Is this normal? Is there something I can do to make it look a little better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home