Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, October 15, 2004

Fun Day Off


I finished knitting up Klaralund aesthete (she is busy blocking right now) and then decided to take a quick trip to Hobby Lobby. Ha. Quick trip to a craft store. I kill me. Oh right...
I was fairly distracted for most of the rest of the day making these. They are stitch markers. I was looking for memory wire in the beads section and found these cute flower charms and some rings.


I'm really excited about these. They are very simple and VERY cute. I had to stop working on slapdash a little while ago because I ran out of stitch markers (and because Klaralund demanded all of my attention) and am eager to start back now that I have these cheerful little things to play with.

I also bought some memory wire. I have a lot of beads I have left over from the Aztec squares (see FO Gallery) as well as some I bought because I liked them. I came across these instructions for making your own stitch markers ages ago and have been waiting for a good opportunity to make some. I don't care so much that the little plastic ones are pricey considering what they are. I just wanted my own unique markers.

I purchased some fabric to cover my blocking board with. I bought a 1" thick piece of Styrofoam insulation from Home Depot and have been using it for a long time,

but I have found it difficult to use because there is no indication of whether you are blocking in a straight line. So I bought some checkered fabric while on my "quick trip" and covered the board with it.

I used it for the first time last night to pin up Klaralund. It was so much simpler to measure once, figure out which line to follow and pin it all down.

I hope to have Klaralund finished (including seaming) this weekend. I blocked half of her yesterday and the other half will be done today. Then to sew her up and try her on. Heehee. I can't wait! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, isn't that Gingham great? Mines nearly an inch square and really helps me with my blocking. I have a smaller foam core board, and place an old bath towel doubled beneath the fabric. Works great!

can't wait to see your Klarlalund. I wore mine yesterday to work. your fellow k-a-l, Lisa

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking me! That's so sweet of you. I hope that you're still planning on going to the La Ti Da meetup on Weds- I probably won't be buying an embarrassing amount of yarn there (at least I hope not!).

Cathi

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home