Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Halfway There



No, we are not there yet. We are halfway there. I love the striping on this. Seems kinda silly to say, since that is why I bought the yarn in the first place, but it is true. I like it. I made my booga bag with the same yarn (see FO gallery) but because of its size the striping isn't as bold. I really like it with the mitten because each color has a chance to "express" itself before we move on to the next color.

I toyed around with the idea of having the mittens match, but am aware of the futility involved in doing this with Noro yarns. So I decided to forgo matching alltogehter and just ensure they don't match in the least.

I've really enjoyed knitting the mitten. I don't feel the same dread I had when knitting socks. I have finished one and will now make the second. With socks I just groan and think "I have to make another one..."

I finally got around to felting Maria, Tom's pillow, and the handles for Elle last night. I should have some photos later this week. Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the mitten! It looks great! And my stomach is now in knots after seeing the electoral vote counter, but I'm sure some Tums will clear that up....

Cathi

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a cool mitten! looking forward to seeing what else you make ...
anony-mouser

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home