Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, October 18, 2004

Pillow Talk



This is a pillowcase I made for Thomas. He will be camping during the month of December and needed a small pillow to take with him that will stay warm even if it gets wet. The pillow is just a small 14" accent pillow I got from Hobby Lobby a while back. All man made fiber and I figured a good wool covering (that is already brown so we can't tell how dirty he gets it) would work nicely. I will be felting it along with Maria and the handles for Elle as soon as I find that blasted pillowcase I use to hold my felting items. Dang it! I looked everywhere for it. (I can hear my mother right now... (If you looked everywhere you would have found it because it is somewhere". Sigh.)

I went to Borders this weekend and knit with some wonderful ladies. I really enjoy how many knitting groups we have in this area. I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions about the local stores, classes they have taken, and yarn they have used. It is so much more fun in person than online.

I intended on finishing blocking Klara this weekend. We had a friend come into town and I didn't think they would enjoy the smell of wet yarn blocking in the stuffy little guest room we have so I decided she'd have to wait. I'll have to get that taken care of tonight I guess. I am dreading the seaming. I wonder why that is such a daunting task. Every time. You'd think I'd get used to it at some point.

I cast on Christmas Present #1 last night. It should be a lot of fun. I won't be able to share pictures until after Christmas though since people that are destined for these fun things read my blog on occasion. It should make post holiday blogging colorful though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home