Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Startitis

I seem to have come down with a bad case of startitis. I have so many projects on the needles that it's gotten to the point of being silly. I think I'm out of needles actually. I don't feel like working on any of the things I have started. Even Klara has lost some (not all) of her luster. I want to make other things. Better things. More of them. Whatever the case may be, I don't want to knit what I'm knitting. I want to knit *other*.

I really want to try some mittens. And a scarf. And a stole. And maybe some matching mittens and scarves. Possibly a wrap. Definitely mittens... Good grief!

Honestly, how can a person not be inspired by all the creative knitters out there. Did you get a chance to see the Harlots Latvian mittens. Gorgeous. Really.
Sandy mentioned today in her blog that she is about to start a pair of mittens as well. I love the pattern and followed the link she graciously provided. I found at least a half dozen things at that site that I want to make now. Several pairs of mittens that I'm in love with and a beautiful scarf made from a silk/wool blend. Their prices on yarn are not bad either.

I'm also taken with Forsa from Cornelia Tuttle Hamiltons Noro book. I have some leftover Noro Kureyon in my stash. I think I may just have to start this one in spite of everything already on the needles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home