Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, October 08, 2004

Voted off the Island


click on picture for close up

Sleeve island is one of the islands I think few of us mind being voted off...
Klara's sleeves are complete. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. The only concern I had was that the very bright green stripe was going to end up at the neckline. While I love the color, my skin wouldn't agree with it. It turned out I didn't have to manipulate it at all to keep the colors from ending "wrong". I cast on the back last night and feel fairly confident that I'll be able to finish her up this weekend. At least to a point of being able to block.



On a another note... I was unable to resist the call of the mitten. I started working on Forsa from the same CTH book that Klaralund is in. I had to buy a bag of Kureyon back when I decided to do a booga bag and have had 7 skeins of it stareing at me since then wondering what it was their fate to become.
The mitten has been very fun to knit so far. I love how the colors are working out. I think they are brighter than my booga bag. I wonder if it faded during the felting process? Maybe I'm so used to seeing it I take the fab colors for granted. Either way I'll have a pair of mittens and a scarf out of this wonderful yarn before too long.

I've given up on the hallowig. I was going to make a "thing 1" wig but can't get the gauge to work out. I don't feel like spending the time or energy to work out the math so I guess I'll have to just enjoy the work of others. If you haven't checked them out yet I highly recommend it. What a hoot!

Happy Friday all!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment- I can't wait to meet you at the knit group (although I won't be able to make it this week). You are totally right, I should make people pick out their projects, but I hate taking the suspense out of gifts.

Were you at Knitty Cat yesterday? I thought maybe it was you, but I'm dumb and shy and didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't you. That was me, buying the insane amount of yarn (in case you hadn't guessed from the pics I posted today). Have a great day!

Cathi
http://abfab.typepad.com/in_the_pink

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home