Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, November 29, 2004

All thumbs



My Forsa mittens are complete. I finished them up while everyone napped after Thanksgiving dinner. Ah... it was so quiet... heehee. I've been in debate since I finished them whether to make the mitten on the left over again so it more closely matches the mitten on the right. I intended to have the mismatch, however now that they are mismatched I'm not sure if I like them. The problem I see seems only evident when I'm wearing them The one on the right has the bright bold red at the end and the other is that dull brown and peach. Most of the rest of the mitten is hidden so you don't get the benefit of seeing them lined up as I have them above. So I ask you what you think?

Thumbs Up?


Or Thumbs Down? Do I make a new right glove or leave them be?


I should also note that I am making a scarf out of this yarn and maybe that will be enough to "tie" them together... Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

5 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thumbs up!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger margene said...

The mittens look great and a scarf will make them that much more fun.

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! It's your sister! I think the mittens look great but if you want to make another right hand glove that's up to you. Just make sure you make another left hand glove to match the right one you already have and then you can give them to me. Hehe. Love ya!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the Fuscia Goatee....... make you another two sets - so you can match them better... then give a set to your sister and give me a set!!!!!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hi Michelle -- Nice forsa mittens! My view of Kureyon is that it's meant to not match ... this way it looks like you actually made them, versus buying them, too. The "hand knit" quality that is so elusive sometimes... And the scarf will definitely tie them together! :)
J

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home