Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, November 26, 2004

Evergreen Aran

So now that my sidebar has been cleaned up what shall I do? I'll make this



From this book:



Out of this yarn:



I've gotten a couple of inches done so far. It's working up nicely. The yarn is a wool cachmere blend I got on sale from Webs and which has been sitting in my stash for a few months now. I'm hoping that it softens up a bit after I wash it. Right now the yarn is very stiff and quite scratchy.
I love the tweedy-ness of it. It has yellow, orange, rust, and teal flecks in it. I'll post a pic of the WIP soon. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

3 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new aran sweater as it progresses. It's going to be gorgeous!! I love the yarn.
Joanne
http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hi Michelle --

First of all, whoop whoop on your Klaralund! Gorgeous! Great fit!

Second of all, can't wait to see the cabled cardigan ... I just had this book out from the library, and there were some mighty fine patterns in it ... and the cashmere blend from Webs -- yea! I've yet to give in to the Webs sale temptations, but my time is limited, and some day I will. Take care,
Jenifer
http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Leisel said...

Cool!... that's the book I'm planning on making a spring/summer sweater out of.

Oh, and I love the look of your tweedy wool.

- Leisel

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home