Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Klaralund



Can I get a Whoop Whoop? She's finally finished. I finished knitting her quite some time ago but finally decided I would like to wear her this winter so I'd have to buckle down and stitch her together. I wore her to work yesterday and got lots of compliments. I'm happy with the way she turned out. She's quite a bit smaller in the body than I had expected but I like how she fits. The sleeves appear to be very long in the photo above but that was just the way I had my hands curled up. The ends of the sleeves touch my knuckles when my arms are hanging at my side but pull up to my wrists when I bend my arms so I don't find that they get in the way. I did shorten them by an inch. I'm very glad I did because I love where they hit and another inch would have been far too long. Hooray for FOs!

8 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

Whoop, whoop, whoop!! Your Klaralund looks fantastic. Great job. My last yarn purchase before YNBA was Peruvian Wool from to make another Klara in Admiral Blue.

Good luck with the YNBA!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger margene said...

It sure is purdy!! Great job.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finished Klara. She's beautiful. I almost used that colorway. I love the fit too!

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Abbey said...

you're wearing my klara!!
I'm doing mine in the same color...but i've put it on hold until after my christmas knitting is done.

It looks great!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats! It's beautiful!!


A Whoop Whoop for you!!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger mp said...

I love your Klaraland sweater and I've decided to probably do the scarf as well. I'm admiring your blog. I've got the same but can't figure out how to do the buttons. Marian

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Klara looks great, and I think the fit looks awesome! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Cathi

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Wow! Looks fab on you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home