Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

She's Felted



She felted and blocked beautifully but I'm not exactly happy with her right now. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday in search of a clever and cute way to finish Maria up. I found one (I thought). I bought some eyelets and was going to punch those in and run ribbon through the bag for a closure. I may still try this, I just have to find eyelets large enough. The ones I bought were made for paper and were far too small. I got them to stay in the fabric, but they smashed shut and would have shredded anything I put through them. They were only 1/8" too so that may be another part of the problem. I'll either do the eyelet thing or get some complimentary ribbon and just tie it around the top.

I found some very cute heart shaped brads to attach to it as well. As long as they are there for decoration they stay put. I tried to use them to hold the handles on but they are too small to hold that kind of weight. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I just need to figure out a stable solution. Suggestions are welcome. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home