Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, November 05, 2004

Weekend Sweet Weekend

Hope everyone has fabulous weekend plans! I will be attending a thrummed mitten class at Knitty Cat tomorrow. I signed up for the class back in July and almost forgot all about it. In fact, I would have forgotten completely if the Harlot hadn't started a thrum-along. I didn't really even know what thrummed mittens were until she started talking about them. I'm very excited to be making a pair.

When I was about 7 I lived in Omaha, Nebraska. I was riding home from school one day and it must have been very cold outside. The busses were not heated and I had forgotten my mittens at home. I was always like that as a kid. I hated wearing cold weather gear like mittens, scarfs, and hats and tended to "forget" them often. I got off the school bus and we decided to have a snowball fight. I stuck my hand in the snow to make a snowball and felt searing pain all the way up to my elbows and a burning in both of my hands. It turns out that I got frostbite in both hands. A mild case of course, since I still have the use of my hands, but ever since then my hands have been terribly susceptible to cold weather. Thrummed mittens are supposed to be incredibly warm. Boy o' boy. I can't wait to have a pair.

Here is a photo of the kit I bought. I hope everyone is as excited about their weekend plans as I am. Have a great one.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger jacki said...

Those thrumbed mittens looks soooo nice! Do you ever make anything for people who read your blog? :)
I don't have time to knit or chrochet, but I like seeing what you are making.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home