Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, December 17, 2004

Kick the Bag

I've been on a bag kick lately. I found this book at my LYS yesterday and had to get it. I love the patterns in this, mostly because they aren't all felted. Don't get me wrong, I luv me a felted bag but I am interested in trying something new. I loved the one on the cover. So fun and funky.



I restarted my Market Squares bag last night. I had started it back in September when I took a class to learn entrelac. The technique was fun and I enjoyed knitting the three tiers I got through before I realized that I had a twist. Nothing for it but to frog. So I did. I was debating on restarting or using the yarn for something else completely when I came across this. A knitalong was just what I needed to get me motivated again. So, I've signed up for the knitalong and have gone ahead and gotten going on it again. The official start date for the knitlong isn't until the 15th of January but what the hey. I'm using Lambs Pride worsted in Chianti, Victorian Pink, Old Sage, Loden Leaf, and Oatmeal.

I signed up for another class yesterday too. It's a crochet bag (is this a theme or obsession?) from this book. My mother taught me to crochet years ago but everything I make comes out as a trapezoid instead of a square so I thought I could use a class. Plus it's a really cute bag (sorry, I can't find a picture anywhere). I am really excited about this. I had purchased this book a while back and haven't had the time or inclination to re-teach myself to crochet and because of that I haven't made anything from it yet. I'm hoping to learn enough from this class to be able to make some of the more adorable things from this book.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Looks like you'll have lots of stuff to show and tell at the next Meetup- I really want to browse through those books. But you'll have your free time on vacay soon- will you take all of these with you?

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your "Pinky Chucklechunks" name. Too funny! Glad you liked the name generators!

Ryan
http://www.nwkniterati.com/movabletype/mossycottage/

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oooh, jumping the gun on the knitalong, huh. We'll all be coming to you for advice.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home