Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, December 03, 2004

This Weekend

Knitting plans for this weekend include re-doing the scarf for my sweetie. I finished it up last night and gave it to him. It is way too short and, in my opinion too wide. He wanted it wide enough to cover the back of his neck but as it is difficult to measure that area on your own his estimate is way off. I'm going to shave off about 1/3 of the width and reknit it up. Should be quick and easy since I just did a garter stitch. Thankfully the yarn handles frogging well and should knit back up nicely. Here's a shot of it in it's current state. It's just a little longer than that TV tray it's sitting on.



I also plan on working with this yarn:


Which would be the most wonderful Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille I bought months and months ago to use for the flower washcloths from Weekend Knitting. I figure I'll make a bunch and let the receivers pick the one they like best. Anyone know of a good place to get some cute soap? I'd prefer handmade but it doesn't have to be. Have a good weekend all!

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like we have some of the same colors of the cotton chenille (at least the green). I love Body Shop soap (I think they're a great co, and the stuff smells delicious), but I know that there is a knitblogger (I don't have the URL, but she is on my sidebar, Plath's Knitting Adventures, I think) and she makes and sells homemade soap, so you could buy some stuff through her and help a fellow knitter! :) Hope you have a good weekend!

Cathi

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, there's Rose-Kim (I think her addy is www.rose-kim.com), she makes soap and a lot of the scents sound yum-my! No affiliation, of course, with either (nor have I tried either) just things I've seen while surfing!

Cathi

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home