Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Christmas Gifties

Dad was a bit confused at first what these oversized thumbless mittens were for but was determined to make me feel good about making them for him.



Once he understood they were actually slippers he tried them on his feet.



Jenny and Mom followed suit



Living in an arid climate has me spoiled. I couldn't believe how wet they stayed, even with fans on them. They finally had a nice day outside after I left so they stuck them out there, where they finally dried. Here are some dried shots of them:



They are really enjoying them, which makes me very happy. I think they turned out really cute. Mom's has some fall colored Squiggle around the cuff and for Jenny's I used something called Parade around the cuff and a little around the base.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hi Michelle -- Yes, we'll just see if I can stitch to the one project a week! But it'll force me to use time well, and to finish projects, my worst habits to overcome in order to become a better knitter! Happy New Year -- JEnifer

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some rockin' slippies!
Leslie
www.nakeidknits.com

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are really nice. I can't tell from the last photo: Are they felted to make them fit, or do they just look better once people are standing in them? I saw a freebie pattern at a yarn store for felted clog slippers and was wondering if this is what I'd expect. I enjoy your blog, by the way! Michele (with one L) in Virginia.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home