Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Eat your vegetables

We all know that eating plenty of vegetables is good for us. We all know exercising at least a half hour three times a week is good for us. We know these things, but most of us don't do them (me included). Why? Cause they are BORING!!

The new years idea of working one project a week wouldn't be so bad if I didn't want to make so many things. And I already have the yarn for them all. Staring at me from the corner. Wondering when I'd finish that stupid, boring project I was working on so I could start working on them. Good for me or not, resolution is out the window.

So what's first? The Tartan Jacket from the Fall 2004 IK. I fell in love with this jacket when I first saw it. I ordered all the yarn that it called for (slightly boring way to go but I really like it exactly like it is shown). Many of the colors were backordered until a few weeks ago when I finally got the last of it. It's all been sitting in a bag in my stash crying out for me to begin. So tonight I will. (Maybe I'll have some vegetables with dinner to make up for it.)





3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

So ... how's it coming? Can you do a project a week? In theory, I'm so there. In practice, I find that I just get *bored* with one project, and then rather than switching to another project (enforcing my self-discipline to kick in), I just don't knit. Sort of defeats the purpose! But I'm still trying ...

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I think there is an along for this, isn't there? I might have made that up. I don't know how you've lasted this long with the one project a week. My goal is hard enough- knit through one ball, and then you can change projects (and I've also tried to only add a project after I've finished one, but that's getting tough). Starting new stuff is just too fun, why deny yourself?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger alison said...

That tartan jacket is such an awesome pattern. One of the knitters in our knitting group is/was making it. There's a picture of her progress in October here: http://www.knitsmiths.us/cat_knitsmiths.html#000906

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home