Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, January 07, 2005

Forsa Fini And New Years Resolutions



I gifted the Forsa Mittens and scarf to my kid sister for Christmas. She's a kid from Florida that is now living in Salt Lake City so I figured she'd need them more urgently than I would. I've lived in the cold long enough to build up a warm wardrobe, where she is new to the coldness.

The hat was a pattern I found here. The brim of the hat has an easy lacy stitch pattern to it. The pattern is for the hat and also has a cute cowl that matches it. I'm making a cowl with the last bit of this Noro. Hooray for using stash. :D

Here's a nice shot of the top of the hat.


It makes me remember why I like Noro.


I'm not a huge fan of the New Years resolution but I've seen this idea floating in the Knitting Blog-sphere and like it. It's a list of things I'd like to do with my knitting this year.

In 2005 I'd like to:
* Use a fair chunck of the stash I've acquired. I bought all that stuff for a reason and need to get on with using it. It makes me feel guilty every time I look at it.
* Make a baby blanket for my friend BEFORE she has the baby. I started the blanket and had planned to make two (I have two friends that are expecting) but then realized the amount of work that would be involved in making this.
* Make a nice afghan for my living room. We bought new furniture last year with our tax return and I don't have any throws or afghans that will look nice with the new fabric. I had bought a afghan kit from Yarn Express, but I also ordered an item that was on back order. Instead of sending me that part of the order that was not on back order they held the whole thing. So when my back ordered item was available my afghan kit was not. They are not planning on restocking the afghan kit. I'm quite peeved over the whole mess. You'd think they would at least set one of the kits aside (since I ORDERED it) until they got the back ordered yarn in. Or even, imagine it, sent me the part of the order that was ready. Hmmm. Note to self... don't shop there again. Or make sure each order has only one item... Hmpf. I digress...
* Make a fair isle sweater that will fit. Bjerk by Dale of Norway has me down in the dumps. I don't think I'll try to make her again. Even if I did redo her and make her fit I'd just think of what a pain it was every time I see it. I tend to lose interest in a project once I've made it once already. I'm sure I'll find great uses for the yarn I bought and already have several ideas on what to do with it (see item one). I'd really like to make an Alice Starmore design or something from Poetry in Sitches.
* Keep a knitting journal with yarns used, pattern sources, etc. I changed my WIP/FO area to handle this the other day and think it may just work.
* To knit ONLY ONE PROJECT A WEEK, from Sunday to Saturday ... this allows me multiple ongoing WIPs, but also means that I will hopefully finish projects. The ONLY times I will cast on for new projects mid-week is when I've just finished one (an incentive!). (this idea was stolen from Jenifer).

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hi Michelle -- I've seen the hat pattern, and put it on my list of to-do's ... cute, cute! And by the way, I'm not having much success with my one-week-per-project resolution, so I'm going to have to amend it ... I'd blog, but my blogdrive isn't working today (darn them), so details will be forthcoming ... Good luck to you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home