Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, January 17, 2005

Market Squares Bag


The Market Squares Bag-Along officially started on Saturday. Here's a decent shot of the yarn I'm using to make mine. It's Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Worsted. I really got going on it last night and am already on Tier 3. It's such a fun and quick knit. Almost mindless. But not quite.

I decided to try knitting backward to make this because of how short the rows were. I've heard that it was faster but I don't really feel like it is. It's faster when I'm working on something like this just because you never knit more than 10 or 12 stitches before you have to turn your work.

Knitting backward took a little getting used to but I've got it down now and find it's as quick as purling is. I've never been averse to purling though. If you hate purling I'd definitely suggest learning how to knit backward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home