Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, January 03, 2005

Yawn and Stretch

I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday time. I enjoyed my little vacation to sunny Florida and spending time with my family. They loved all their little knitted gifties, which thrilled me to no end. One day they might actually send me copies of the photos we took so I can share the joy with you.

I found that, after knitting like a mad-woman to have everything done by Christmas, I wasn't much in the mood to knit while I was on my vacation. I made my mother a beautiful scarf out of Manos del Uruguay (a rust, garnet, brown, gold colorway) using this pattern. It turned out beautifully (still waiting on those photos though...). Considering I was there over a week that really isn't much knitting. It was kinda nice actually.

Now that I'm back I started working on a baby blanket for one of my dear friends that is expecting a child. It's moving along quicker than I had originally expected and I may end up making two of the same blanket (since I have two friends expecting). The blanket is from 100 afghan squares to knit and is called Rock-a-bye-baby. I didn't use the yarn called for (Rowan cotton glace) but decided that Lion Brand Baby Soft had the colors I wanted and gauge I needed. It's turning out great and is very soft.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Leisel said...

Question for you...

I was reading the comments on that scarf pattern earlier today, and there were some problems posed that didn't have answers to them...

Did you do it with the 30 stitches listed, or increase or decrease to make an odd number, like one poster suggested it needed to be?

What cast-on and bind-off did you use? Some people were having trouble finding one they thought looked good with it.

TIA

- Leisel

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home