Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Market Squares - Nearly There



There she is. Upside-down. Drying over a Gigantic flower pot. I think I may need to shrink her a little bit more. I checked this morning and you can see light through the oatmeal sections and there is still too much stitch definition than what I'd like to see. Anyone know a way to spot shrink?? The oatmeal is shrinking a little slower than the rest (like I was hoping wouldn't happen) .

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No suggestions for spot felting - except maybe wet it down and pound the offending squares with a meat tenderizer. My main tip for felting is to soak the item for a few hours prior to putting it in the washing machine - the wool fibers will be all open and ready to felt together.

Beth
http://craftycanines.typepad.com/stuck_on_socks/

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say how much I LOVE your bag! Could you post where you got the pattern? I've been looking for a while and cannot seem to find it. A note on the spot felting, I have had to do it a few times and I've just needle felted the area and that worked well. Fiber Trends has a needle felting kit if you don't have one.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

I love your bag too! While I'm encouraged for the clapotis, I am all agog at your market squares... is that entrelac? What kind of handles? I tried your quiz... wouldn't compute my results... what does that imply?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home