Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Must Have Cardi 2

I joined the Must Have Too-along the other day. I've wanted this cardigan for quite some time and have never gotten around to it. I now have a dilemma.

I joined thinking I had enough Peruvian Collection Highland Wool in my stash. I don't. Since I'm going to have to buy yarn anyway I was wondering if anyone out there had tried any of the new yarns from Knit Picks? The prices are very tempting. It's tough to pass up yarn prices that can beat Elann (who knew?).

Since I already have some of the Peruvian collection wool I know how nice it is. There are other options out there I'm sure and I'll happily take any recommendations if know of a nice yarn that would work.

My requirements are:
Inexpensive - but not at the cost of being soft
Worsted weight
Will display cables nicely (nothing too fluffy)

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey Michelle -- on the off chance that you'd like some Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran or Silkroad Aran Tweed, I'm about to list some on eBay, but I'd be happy to help you meet you yarn fix ... it's a classic 1824 worsted weight, which I think might be a little heavier than Patons Classic Merino, but the must-have-too-along lists cashmerino aran as a good yarn substitue, and it's really just like that.... google the info to see if you're interested, and I'll answer any more q's ... price would be about $4.00/ball. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home