Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Must Have Cardi - Again

I started my Must Have back on the 10th. At which time, I promptly made a mistake in the cable paattern. I saw it, and decided it wasn't really THAT noticeable and I didn't mind it being there. I noticed it every time I worked on the right side of the fabric. I decided it was a signature and that I liked it. I noticed it so often I started thinking about it even when I wasn't working on my cardi.
So yesterday I decided it was all a LIE. That I HATED it being there and would notice it everytime I wore it and would continue to HATE it. Between that and reading Harlot's post yesterday about how "there really aren't many times in your life when you can completely undo a mistake. Times when there are no consequences, no record, no history, no talk. Nothing. You make a mistake and you can completely erase it and try again." I felt no remorse whatsoever in frogging that left front panel and starting over again. Yeah!!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i love your process of trying to deny, rationalize, and intellectualize your boo boo in your knitting. Then the realization that you were actually just very upset about the stupid mistake. Was it very gratifying to rip it and re knit it?

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous michaele said...

I got my stand at Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins in Boulder. All you need to do is find a Lantern Moon retailer, and ask them to order it for you.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger alison said...

Good for you going back and making it right!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home