Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, February 14, 2005

No Surprise Here

quite result
Quiet Girl

What kind of little girl were YOU?
brought to you by
Quizilla

Anyone that knows me, should know this by now. This blog would be the exception to my, normally quiet self.

I wanted to share some of the other lovely yarns I got with my last order from Knit Picks. This one is Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool. Like it's name implies, it is made out of 100% baby alpaca. VERY soft and I can't wait to use it. I'm going to make the Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (Fabulous book) for my mother. I've know my mom all my life (imagine that) and only just learned on my last visit with her that her favorite color is teal. It seems strange to me that I never knew that. It'll look lovely on her. I hope she likes it.



The other wonderful thing I got in my last order was some of their Sock Garden in Star Gazer Lily. VERY yummy. It's 100% merino, and has inspired me to make socks (which I don't really like to do). Funny how yarn can do this to me.



3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Leisel said...

I made a version of this a while back. Something about the pattern really bothered me. If you knit it as written, your lacy holes are 2 stitches in from one side, but only 1 stitch in on the other side. It's the trailing edge that gets short changed, so if you want to fix it, just cast on one more stitch and add a k1 at the end of the lace row.

HTH

- Leisel

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Love the reviews! I really want to make the same airy scarf (knitpicks saying that you can get 3 of them out of one skein ... hey, what a great gift, and inexpensive, too!) -- do you think the sock yarn is sort of koigu-ish? Just wondering. Have fun, Jenifer

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the tip, Leisel. I'm sure it will come in handy.

Jenifer, I don't know if the yarn is koigu-ish because i've never seen Koigu in person. I hope to remedy that sometime soon but for now, couldn't say. It's spongier than the Lorna's Laces I've used though if that helps.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home