Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pillbox Progress

I'm very fond of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport. I have used it for my Clapotis. I have used it for socks. I am now using it for my Pillbox Hat. I love the shade of green. This picture is true to the actual color. I never thought I was all that fond green until I went through my closet. Blue is my favorite color, but a very large chunck of my wardrobe is green. The shade varies but tends to stay in the olive/loden ranges. I guess I like to look like a tree. Hmmm.

I was originally interested in making this hat to coordinate with my Clapotis. So I picked out beads that will tie the two together. Anyone want to guess how long it takes to string 600 beads onto yarn? Wow.

This hat works well as a commuter project. It doesn't take a whole lot of yarn and the needles are small so it's very portable. Especially now that all the beads are strung. The only problem I've run into so far was while I was waiting my turn to go through the car wash one of my DPNs decided to make a break for it and hid itself under the drivers seat. I think I may have freaked out the people in line around me when, after waiving my arms about and looking like I was cursing a lot, I jumped out of my car. They were probably relieved that all I did was rummage around in the back seat and then get back in the car, instead of turning out to be a crazed maniac that was looking for something to beat their car up with. I don't hate waiting in line that much.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I don't know why I didn't realize that your Clap was made out of Lorna's as well...I can't wait to see the hat, which pattern is it?

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

I wish you had pics of your freak out session. Thanks for providing a much needed giggle!! I see that you and Cathi are on similar wavelengths. I'm taking a different spin on my clap...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home