Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, February 25, 2005

Tartan

I've been working on the Tartan Jacket this week. It's coming along nicely. It knits up much faster than I had expected. I don't know why that surprised me since it's bulky yarn and fairly large needles. I'm using Lambs Pride Bulky that I had to special order from my LYS and then wait 6 months for. Ok. Exaggerating a little. But it was at least 3 months.

It's definitely not mindless knitting though. It's a slip stitch pattern which is easy enough but I have to keep focused on the color changes to make sure I'm putting the vertical stripes in the correct place. It's also weird because you'll do two rows in the main color only, then the next two rows you need to use the colors that show up in the vertical pattern.


Click for a nice close up of the fabric


My hat's off to the designer. I would have never thought of using a stitch pattern in this way.

On a side note, everyone that didn't make it to the meetup on Wednesday missed out. Hope you can come out next week. It was a lot of fun. I can't guarantee that I'll bring Tom every time but he sure did quite a bit for our comedic relief this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home