Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

To Market, To Market

Jiggidy Jig. I'm doing a jig today. I finished my Market Squares bag last night. The photo below doesn't do the colors justice but I did want a good shot of it pre-felted. It's currently providing shelter to 1/3 of my couch. She's a big-un.

here is a pic of the bottom of the bag. It looks kinda like a big sunflower. I ended up making the bottom all one shade (just did the last few tiers in the same color). I didn't want to continue with the color scheme because the I would have ended up with the lightest colors on the bottom of the bag. Bad News.

There were some posts in the bag-along that talked about ways to make a firm bottom for it that I'm very tempted to try out. I'll have to see what I'd like to do after I've shrunken her.

I'm still debating on handle ideas. The pattern calls for an Icord handle. I'm not crazy about them and really want to try something different with this bag. I'm leaning towards beads or suede. We shall see.


4 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Maus said...

Love the looks of your bag! Neat idea to make the bottom in one color, that kinda sets it off as a real bottom of the bag.
For the handles, I find the idea interesting to have a cotton cord inside knit/felted handles. there are some like that in the bag book.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Hi there! Your projects are beautiful!!! I can't wait for you to start the bag from "Knitter's Stash" (the pic from the previous post?) That looks like a bag that would inspire me to start knitting bags.
And by the way. A girl can never have too many bags or pairs of shoes. That's just a plain fact!!!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Wendy G said...

The bag looks great. Looking forward to see it felted.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey Michelle -- love the bag, very nice! Reminds me that I have a half-finished entrelac bag in Noro ... naughty me, I should finish it! Regarding the handles: I felted some bags and put suede handles on them -- used three leather cords together, braided them, then tied a knot, and then put grommets in the bag to hold the cords in. Anyhow -- one of the grommets has popped out on one of my bags, and it won't stay in. I'm not sure what I could've done differently -- Just thought I'd forwarn you to watch grommets if you use them. - J

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home