Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, March 28, 2005

Knitterly Weekend

I hope everyone had as great of a weekend as I did...

It started off with a great knit night at Cathi's. The group was small (just my speed) and I think everyone had a great time. I finished knitting up the "My Constant Companion" bag and decided it looked pretty comfy. Cathi and Stacey both agreed. So between the company and sugar (see Stacey's great pic Cathi's "Tribute to The Peeps") a good time was had by all.

Saturday featured a tour of Littleton as I ended up at the Littleton Meetup when I was trying to get to the Littleton SnB. Fear not friends! I was able to adapt and overcome. I was over an hour late by this time so I modified my plans and went to A Knitted Peace (a great LYS on that side of town) instead. I bought absolutely nothing. So, I adapted and overcame this by stopping at the Aurora Yarn supply on the way home where I bought absolutely nothing again. This trend had to be stopped. Luckily my dear friends that were visiting from out of town decided they wanted to knit something and we went back out and bought yarn so they could make this scarf from Scarf Style. One friend is a novice knitter and one is a complete beginner. They picked a challenge but they are both pretty stubborn (a quality trait, if I do say so myself) and I think they'll do fine. They picked out a neat mercerized cotton to make it with. I'm excited to see how it'll look (I'm making one as well). They talked me into using pink (breaking the green trend that has been going on around here).

Sunday I didn't knit but I did manage to get the My Constant Companion bag felted as well as the felted clogs for Mr. Sittin'.

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I can't wait to see the felted pics! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, I'm so glad!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home