Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Knitting Meme

It appears CynCyn has tagged me for this one. Her timing was perfect because I have no more photos to share. :D

1. Do you knit continental or English? English, though when I fair-isle I use both at the same time. I can't purl continental though.
2. How long ago did you learn to knit? I started knitting about three years ago. I was a smoker for 10 years and wanted to find something to do with my hands to help me quit. It worked too.
3. First FO? A sweater. It was made with Red Heart and all my knit stitches were twisted. I didn't know anything about gauge so it might have ended up fitting a small child. It was plain stockinette with ribbing at the bottom and sleeves. It was TERRIBLE and I ended up donating it to charity.
4. Favorite yarn? No way I could pick just one. I'm very fond of merino and merino blends. And cashmere, of course. Then there's all this new bamboo that looks very yummy. Nope. Can't pick.
5. Favorite pattern? Klaralund. So easy and such a great sweater.
6. Favorite pattern source? Interweave magazine is by far my favorite. There are always at least a half a dozen things in there I want to make.
6.5 Favorite knitting book for technique/reference (of any kind- general, fair isle etc)? I refer to stitch n' bitch quite alot still. For Fair Isle I bought the Philosophers Wool Fair Isle Simplified and love it. I don't really care for any of the sweaters they show but their explanation of two handed fair isle is the best I've seen. Interweave, Vogue, and Knitty always have good articles that are specific to some technique or another and a good reference, if you can remember which magazine and edition to look in.
7. Favorite needles? Circular bamboo needles. I'm not too picky on brand name. I really like the feel of the bamboo. I have some Addis but I don't like the clinking.
8. Nicest thing you've ever knit? Boy, does that mean I liked it or the person that got it as a gift liked it... I guess I'd say my favorite thing has been my Elle bag.
9. Most hated project? Bjerk. Appropriately named.
10. Who are you going to pass this along to? I don't know if you guys have done this one but if you see this post and feel like doing it one: the resident knothead, Brynne, and Margene.


The Littleton Meetup is tonight. I can't wait! I haven't been able to go for the last couple of months and it's one of my favorite knitting groups. And on International Women's Day no less. Who knew? (Thanks, Karen.)

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

You're welcome! I was hoping to go this time, but it looks like I'll have to miss *again*. Grrr...have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home