Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Only a week behind

I'm only running a week behind or so...
These pics are from the fun Littleton Meetup we had last week. Below is a pic of Stacey, our most wonderful hostess, and Ann, another wonderful lady.



And here is Cynthia, Tamara, and Katie.



Quite a few more people were able to attend, but I must admit, my skills at knitting far exceed my skills at photography and I didn't want to upset anyone with the not so flattering photos I managed (eyes closed, mouths open, you get the idea...)

Stacey was working on her socks for sockapoloosa, which she posted about here. Very yummy yarn and the colors were great!

Ann was working on a design of her own. I hope it comes out well. It was a very cute idea.

Cynthia brought her slippers and her clapotis. I LOVE the bamboo yarn she is using. The colors are very vibrant and the yarn is so soft (who would guess that about bamboo??)

I started working on a Wavy scarf for my friend Gretchen. She loves blue and when I saw this lovely yarn from Rio De La Plata (Mmmmmm... handspun and kettle dyed) I knew what it should be. So far it's going well. The pattern is deceptive though. Not difficult, but not fast either.



In over a week (granted it's not the only thing I work on) I've only finished three repeats.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

When are we all going to take a yarn crawl?? Have u checked A Knitted Peace (sale in the back). I haven't been able to find Alchemy bamboo anywhere, and it doesn't knit up as soft as it feels in the skein (still love the colors though). Was great to finally meet you in person!!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle--How can I contact you for my techno knitter story? Send along a phone number and a good time when you might be reached.

Cheers and thanks!
Leslie@nakeidknits.com

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

hmm. couldn't find your email addy. I went to Knitty Cat today (see my updated blog). Saw some alchemy bamboo yarn there and WOW!! Tres expensive!! Much more than the SW trading company AND less yardage! The SW trading skein was 13.50, the alchemy was 24? Glad i didn't wait to find the alchemy!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home