Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Bamboo FO

While beading appears to be something that could easily become my new obsession, I know that I'll never have to worry about sewing entering into that category.

I actually managed to get my sewing machine out over this last weekend and finished my Bamboo Handles Purse. I bought a beautiful silvery blue satin-like fabric from the store a month or so ago for the lining on this purse. I just needed to cut it to the right size and sew it in. I hate cutting fabric. It's so final. You can't do much about it if you screw it up. I guess that is what appeals to me about knitting. It's not impossible to fix a mistake. Right... back to the purse.

I apologize in advance for the picture. I made the purse out of navy blue cotton and it proved quite difficult to photograph.

Click for a close up of the beads

I used some beaded trim I bought at my LYS for a little flair. The original pattern called for this macrame stuff hanging off the bottom. If I ever make another I may to that, but for this bag I loved the dangly beads.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

another work of art! That's just all I'm saying . .

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I can't wait to see this one either!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home