Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Fe, Fi, FO, Fum

Last night was the Littleton Meetup. What a great crowd. There were some new faces and some regulars. I worked on this great sweater/t-shirt from the Knitters Stash. I cast on for this puppy on Friday last week when I finished the Wavy scarf. That is correct. I FINALLY finished something. My goal of working on one project for a week (New Years resolution - I should know better by now) sure didn't last long. I'm going to have to figure out how to get focused so I can finish some things though. I'm getting tired of seeing the same stuff every time I look in my WIP bags.

So, did I hear requests for photos? Of course, your imaginations are all great so I'd bet you can imagine a better FO than I can show off with a photo. Not good enough? OK.

Wavy is drying here. I didn't see much point in blocking her but I did want to give it a nice bath to soften it up a bit and make it smell good. It is a gift after all. The kettle dyed yarn worked out beautifully and gave it a lot of depth. The pattern was fairly simple but you had to keep track of what row you were on. Not a mindless knit (or not as mindless and I need on occasion).

Here's a shot of the Graduated Ribbed Top I'm working on now. It's a wonderful pattern. Very easy. It's done all in one piece so I won't have to sew anything (almost) when I'm finished. How great is that???


I'm using Sonata cotton from Elann (from my stash - Yeah!). It is 100% cotton so it has very little "give" but I love how it's knitting up. I think I'll be doing shorter sleeves than what are called for. I'm thinking 3/4 length or shorter but I'll decide that later. It'll be a great summer top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home