Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Must Have my Sleeve Island

Oi. Some mornings making up a title for your post can be similar to twister for the brain.

Anyway, I was able to get quite a bit of progress on my sleeves for my Must Have Cardi. I absolutely adore this pattern. It's far less complicated than it looks and I'm able to work on it without having to constantly glance at the pattern. I find it amusing when people are astonished that I could work on something so complicated and talk at the same time. Sister, believe me, if it were anywhere near as complicated as it looks I couldn't knit and chew gum at the same time.

I spent Friday evening chatting with Stacey, Awanda, and several other lovely ladies and knitted away on this. Saturday was spent similarly with some wonderful people. One of my favorite parts of the Saturday group is show and tell. They'll bring in recently acquired yarn from local stores, online shops, or recent travels and pass it around for us all to fondle and caress. There are oooooohhs and aaaaaahhs and the occasional attempt to walk off with something too lovely to give back (though it does always end up back with the original owner). It's better than any show and tell I can remember from elementary school.

Oh right, back to the sleeve. What you don't see in this photo is the other sleeve. They look the same.


I'm very happy I decided to work on both of these at the same time. There are quite a few times I forgot to increase on the 8th row and had to do it on the 9th instead. But since I did the increase on the 9th on both sleeves nobody will ever know. Well, nobody else will ever know.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Gwyn said...

Up for knitting therapy tomorrow night?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Did you figure out what was wrong with the alarms? I'd have bashed them in, but I didn't think that was the advice u were looking for. I love the sleeve. Are you bringing that to the littleton meet up? or Lesley's?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home