Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Of Tanks and Roses

So on Friday I also cast on a new Tank Top. It's the Tank Girls Tank from the Summer 04 Interweave Knits. Since the yarn that both of these tanks were made in was discontinued they were nice enough to repost the pattern with some suggestions. I happen to have the yarn called for to make the blue one in my stash.


I like the green tank better tho' so I'll just have to figure out how to change the pattern to make it with my existing yarn. The yarn knits up nicely but I'm not impressed with the yardage per skein (on 52 yards). I have a whole bag of this stuff but that really means I can make a tank top with it. What a disappointment. I was all excited about using it to make Lucy when I discovered she'd have to be a short-sleeved-cropped Lucy. Not so exciting. I happened on this pattern when I did a Google search for Tahki Capri. Yeah!

On another note, I joined the Flower Basket (Vogue Knitting Spring 05) Knit-along. I haven't cast on yet but I did buy my yarn.


It's hard to tell in the photo but the darkest color is a dark chocolate color (one of the new colors just released). Yum. I bought both yellow and orange yarns so I could get my roses to change color. I also have some Victorian Pink and Chianti left over from my market squares bag I want to use. I'll have to play around with that... I hope it works like I'm picturing. I'm also planning of imitating one of the local yarn stores by putting snaps on the backs of my roses so I can swap them out depending on my mood.

I decided to hell with the yarn they call for in the pattern. I'm not about to spend that much for this bag even if it's one of the cutest things I've seen in a while. I'm using Lambs Pride Bulky weight and doubling some worsted weight for the roses.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

I love the new look!! It took me a second to realize that I was at your blog, even though I was the one who pressed the link, duh!?! Anyway...I love the colors for your flowerbasket bag, you do realize that you are going to have to help me with mine, right??! Get ready!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home