Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pillbox Progress

I realized when updating my FO page that I haven't posted any progress on the pillbox hat since I got all the beads strung onto the yarn. So here we go...

It has taken what I feel to be a very sad amount of time to get this far along. It's a rather slow knit. Coupled with the speed issues, I only get a chance once or twice a week to work on it and have found I can only get through about two rows during a lunch break (four if I quit chatting long enough to knit).

Other than the speed (or lack thereof) I have to say I love this hat. I bought the beads and yarn to coordinate with my clapotis. I took the picture above with the two together to see how well they match. I like it.

The beaded rows, on top of having beads, also use an interesting twisted stitch and really give a nice texture to the fabric. The brim is rolled. I tend to dislike rolled brim hats because they inevitably stop rolling in one spot and don't look as nice. One of my favorite parts of this pattern is that you sew the rolled brim up into place with a contrasting yarn color. You also use that contrast along the top edge of the hat. I'll be using the very little yarn I have left over from the clapotis to do the contrast work. One day I'll show you pictures of it...

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Stacey said...

I love the hat! You'll have to bring it the next time we knit together. Is it from the last Rowan magazine?

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I like the hat with the beads, it's so cute. And it coordinates well with the Clap. It does look intensive though! I guess one day you'll get done with it!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

All those beads! I've never worked with them, but it looks gorgeous so far... sorry it's so labor intensive.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home