Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Square Roots

My Market Squares Bag is finally finished. All the beading Saturday lead me to some finishing on Sunday.

The handles are wonderful (in my not-so-humble) opinion. I'm so glad we went beading so that I could be inspired and enthused enough to finally sit down and get this done. Here's a nice close up of the handles.

We have bone beads dyed with tea and carved wooden beads with seed beads in between to give a little space to the whole thing. I just hope I crimped the ends well enough. I don't have "official" crimpers. I just smashed the hell out of it with a pair of needle nose pliars. To get the D-Rings into my bag, I knit a small "holder" then felted it and sewed it to the inside of the bag.


I also knit a small square so I would have a way to attach a magnet closure. LOVE this bag!!

11 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Nik said...

It's so cool to see different variations on this wonderful design. I've wanted to knit the Market Bag for some time now, but just don't have the time. Yours looks good, hon.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

It looks great- I expect you to bring it on Friday to show off! What a fab idea.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Yea! Great job! Love the handles, the magnetic closure, and you're just so smart to add in all the extra reinforcements for those (but we knew that!) -- I hope I can see it in person one of these days! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, but your bag deserves them!!)

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

It looks great! And now it's totally done!! Don't finished projects feel so nice?!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

the bag will make an appearance Fri night, right? when did you get those beads? i don't remember seeing those beads...

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I love the color combo you used on the bag!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it.colours work really good together and the handle is smart.
cara
earth mother

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Julia said...

Great idea to make beaded handles! Love the colors too.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Your bag looks fantastic. The beaded handles are perfect with it.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

You did such a fantastic job with those beaded handles! I am truly impressed Michelle. That Market Squares Bag is just gorgeous. Please bring it on Friday so we can all examine/pet/lust over it!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Vera said...

I love the beaded handles. What a great idea.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home