Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Airy and Lacy

My mothers birthday is fast approaching so I decided to break out the OSG book and see what wonderful thing I might be able to whip out with enough time to get it done and mailed before the day arrived. Upon learning that Mom's favorite color was teal I had purchased some Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool to make Mom this beautiful scarf. Once I saw Jenifers version in person I knew I'd like to make one so the pattern decision was actually an easy one.


Click for a closer shot

I can't say enough about this yarn. It was soft, easy to work with, and knitted up beautifully. The pattern was very simple, being mostly garter stitch, and met with the expectation for how long it would take me to knit it. I ended up frogging a couple of times (getting used to the open lace took a little getting used to) and the yarn didn't look any worse for wear.

Personally I like this yarn better than the Knit Picks Shimmer, but I prefer the more subtle varigations in this yarn over the large sections in the Shimmer. Both are very beautiful yarns though.

5 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Very nice. I'm sure your mom will be very happy with her scarf.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

It looks amazing, and what a perfect gift! You're just chugging along on all of your projects!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Oooh ... I definitely like the solid color better!! I was swept away by the variegated yarn and silk content, but I definitely need some alpaca cloud next. :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

your scarf (er...your mom's scarf) is beautiful! look at you, the super duper productive knitter!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Nik said...

That blanket you've knit looks really good.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home