Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, May 16, 2005

Anouk

The weekend before last I cast on for Anouk. It was great travel knitting, though I didn't get very far with it, and only did about two rows over the whole weekend while we were camping. Sticks, string, and sitting on the ground didn't seem to blend very well on this trip. Weird, huh?It's ok though.

I have to say that I'm REALLY enjoying this pattern. It's mostly stokinette with a cute seed stitch border. It's simple enough to have it mostly memorized already and mindless enough to be perfect for having a conversation while working on. I used the Cascade Pima Tencel called for in the pattern and love it. It's a very soft cotton and doesn't bother my hands at all. Some of the stiffer cotton yarns I've used will start bothering them after a while, though not to the same extent that I've heard other people have. I really want to get this finished before my friends baby outgrows is and feel like that isn't an unreachable goal. That's a pleasant feeling after working on that blankie for so long.

Speaking of blankie, it's done!! I washed it last night and it's hanging dry at the moment. I'll get a good picture before I mail it off. I'm VERY pleased with it. I'd have liked to spend a little more time doing the finishing a little better, but who knows, maybe the sewing machine will hold the pieces together better anyway.

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to see you on Friday night. The baby outfit is so cute. Congrats on finishing the blanket. Lucky baby!! Hope to see you at Borders on Saturday.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That note was from me, Joanne, by the way!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh so cute is the Anouk thing. I like it. I can't wait to see the finished pic of the baby blanket. It's so darling. You know, I didn't have to know about the Cascade Pima Tencel. That sounds like a great yarn. I love tencel, it's so soft.

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous nicole said...

I've wanted to try Anouk ever since that issue of Knitty came out. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you--it looks great so far.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home