Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, May 02, 2005

Bad Blogger that I am

No photos today. I usually don't post without pictures, but hey, other people seem to manage so I'll give it a go.
This past weekend started out great with a little knit night with the g i rr ls. I forget that people think of me as quiet. I'm so much more talkative now then when I was growing up. I bet that would shock a few people.

Good food. Good friends. Knitting. What could be better I ask?

So Saturday I was a vegetable. Mr. Sittin' was out of town on a training trip so I had the house to myself. HAHAHA. Time to watch all those movies he hates. And knit of course.

I got the last 5 squares of the blankie done. I sat down to start the dreaded matress stitch (not really, but on this large of a scale I wasn't looking forward to it) and decided after a couple of stitches that the hell with this. Sewing machine to the rescue. Baby blankie is completly connected and I picked up all the stitches to start the border last night. Ha. I may finish this in time after all.

Pics tomorrow. Hopefully of a completed border (at least on one side). This pattern seems a bit seaming happy. They have you pick up stitches on one side at a time, knit up a border, then seam the corners. I thought about foregoing the seaming by picking up around the whole blanket at once. HOLY CRAP. I barely fit the stitches on my needles. I guess this once they have a good suggestions with the seaming stuff.

Mothers day is fast approaching. I'm a slacker and thus will have to purchase something for mommy dearest this year. I hate it when I let holidays sneak up on me like that. Well, her birthday is soon as well. I'll have to get my butt in gear and get something lovely made before then.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Congrats on finishing the baby blanket! I'm sure that felt good, to have it done. Now, what to make for your mom?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home