Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Novel Review

Anybody out there read Knitting: A Novel? I picked it up at Barnes and Nobel, looked at the price, and promptly put it back down. No way am I paying that much for a novel. A pattern book, yes, novel, no. I must say that I love the public library.

I'm about halfway through the book and can honestly say I'm very glad I didn't buy it. It's not horrible, but I would have been very upset if I had shelled out for this one. I enjoy the decriptions the author uses but I find the flow of the story to be disruptive and at times confusing. I'm neither widowed or nuts (though my family might debate the nuts part) and I don't feel any connection with the characters. I do enjoy the fact that Martha, one of the characters, is at least as fiber obsessed as I am.

So overall I'd say if you are interested in the book, get it from your library.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

I'm with you. I looked at this book briefly in the store and realized I wouldn't like it much. The little bits I read seemed superficial and trite.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I'm glad you said that. I was at TC in HR and saw that book. I didn't really consider buying it as I usually get books from the library. Sounds like I can live without reading that book.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home