Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, May 23, 2005

One down, now for the rest of the list...

All done!


I got quite a bit of this finished Saturday morning at our little Borders meetup. It worked out well since I was then able to take the buttonholes with me to JoAnns for buttons to fit. This pattern was great. Very quick and mostly well written. I did have some issues around the shoulder shaping but I got it sorted out. With only 5 stitches left on the needle at that point, I felt pretty good about winging it.
Still mad (in a good way) about this yarn. I don't know of anyone in town that carries it. I'd love to make some more stuff out of it. I can envision all kinds of great summer stuff out of this. Tencel is awsome. I gave Joanne one of the labels to take with her when she stops at Colorful Yarns (a brand new store in town) to offer as a suggestion. We'll have to see how it goes.

9 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger the knitrider said...

its so gorgeous!!!! i love the colorway!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Oh! So sorry I missed the border's meetup. Colorful Yarns is VERY receptive to special orders and suggestions as to what the customers want to see on the shelves. Did you see the advertisement for the new LYS in town, coming soon?

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger tchoucotta said...

So, so cute! I'm very impressed!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Your Anouk came out great! It was definately a favorite of mine too.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Cuuuuute! And what's this about another LYS?

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Joanne said...

Absolutely adorable!! The recipient is one lucky baby.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

It's so cute! I wish I had some toddler girls to knit for -- my friends are all producing boys!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, I thought I commented on this one, but apparently did not. You know I just love this and it's oh, so cute! I think your friend and her baby are gonna love you forever. And this is a great keepsake to hold on to. The colors are just beautiful. I want some of the yarn too!

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a new yarn shop in town? Cool! That li'l dress is darling, btw.
Leslie
Nakeid Knits

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home