Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Weekend Away

Taos was FABULOUS.

I got no sleep (well, maybe a couple of hours) because we had about 60 people there camping. Between the ones that wanted to party all night and the ones that wanted coffee and to watch the sunrise, there are only a few hours left.

The white water rafters had a good time from the stories I heard. I had a good time not rafting. Two of our good friends that we haven't seen in a couple of years drove up from Alamagordo, don't worry if you haven't heard of it... most people haven't, to stay the weekend and hang out. Two other friends flew in from Tempe to do the same. I definatly spent more time sitting around chatting than doing any knitting.

I did manage to stop in LaLana Wools in Taos. It's a beautiful store. I'm glad I left my wallet in the car or I just wouldn't be going to the Estes Wool Festival this year. They are relatively small but have a great selection of wools. Some of the most beautiful silk blends I've ever seen were in the back of the store. They also had quite a lot of finished work for sale. I really loved some of the needle felted items they had on display.

I did get a little knitting in. I started working on Anouk for my friend's baby (different friend than the one receiving the baby blanket). I really thought I'd get far on it but I'm not even done with half of the front. I also cast on for the scarf for my Mom. I'll have to post some pics later this week.

Hope everyone else had a good one too!

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We missed you last night, but it was so much fun that we'll have to do it again! See ya soon!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

So glad you had a good time in Taos. We did miss u lots, but we know you have other friends. Hmpph.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Oooh ... sounds like fun! I'd love to visit La Lana, and I don't think I'd spend too much money as I'm not super fond of dropping too much cash at one time (unless it's super discounted, in which I'll drop a bundle to "save"). :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

I've always drooled over La Lanas advertisements and web site, so I'm envious that you've seen it all in person!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home