Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, June 06, 2005

Crochet Bug

Right after I cast off Anouk I decided to crochet an afghan out of some old Red Heart and Walmart brand acrylic that I've had laying around forever. Sorry the photo is so dark.

I found a pattern book at Hobby Lobby or something that was called "Afghans to Crochet in a Weekend" which has some appeal. The patterns are easy (I consider myself a novice when it comes to crochet) and are pretty neat. This afghan for example is composed of rows of "posts". The next row of "posts" wrap around the one below it and give it a neat woven look. I'm nearly finished with it since I'm stopping when I run out of yarn rather than making it the size they call for. It's not my favorite yarn so I don't work on it for very long before I'm tired of it. It is pretty fast going though.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

It looks like it's a pretty fair size- good for you! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

I've seen that book before! Are you a good crocheter? I can't seem to figure it out. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home