Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, June 13, 2005

Crochet

I finished up that crochet blanket/afghan/whatever this weekend. I was thrilled that it came out as wide as it did. I thought I was going to run out of yarn well before I actually did.


Click for a close up

It's over 50" long and over 36" wide. Very cozy. I threw what was left of the yarn away. Mr. Sittin' threatened to take a picture of that as he's never seen it happen before. I told him it was likely that he'd never see it again either. Nothing against acrylic yarn, but I don't like knitting with Red Heart. Too irritating to my fingers.

5 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. So when are you going to give me my crochet lesson?

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Looks great, and actually looks like the afghan that my grandmother made for all the grandkids when they grauated from High School. I think that she crocheted almost 30 of them...crazy! So, are you coming tomorrow night? It's going to be really fun...and end with fondue! It feeld like I haven't seen you in forever!!!!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Your afghan-thingy turned out great. I really like the burgundy and pink colors. I know what you mean about Red Heart, but it did make for a pretty afghan and I'm sure it made for a less-expensive afghan than with other yarns.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Cute afghan!! You *are* a good crocheter! Red Heart hurts my fingers as well. Have you tried Caron Simply Soft? It's my favorite acrylic. Take care! I don't think I'll be making it this Friday, but I hope to see you in Estes on Saturday!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

TLC is good yarn for crocheting too. But of course, you'll have to deal with baby colors, mostly. I had ambitions to do a fisherman's afghan (crocheted) but stopped b/c of the rough yarn. Congrats on finishing!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home