Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Graduated

Not from school. I wish I was at that stage.

I realized I haven't posted any progress pics of the graduated ribbed top in a while. It's got such a boring name that it keeps slipping my mind to talk about it.


I finished the main part of the body a while ago and have been working on sleeve #1 for a week or so. Not that you can tell by the incredible progress I've made on it.

This is a nice shot of the THIRD attempt I've made at getting this stupid sleeve like I want. I decided to make 3/4 length sleeves rather than the full length called for. Shortening was the easy part. Just a little math by my handy calculator and I was off. On a side note, I've always found it odd that I did very well in math in college. Calculus, Differential Equations, and all that, but I can't add or subtract in my head to save my life. Sad really...

I digress. The problem with this sleeve has been that you increase two stitches every four rows. They tell you exactly how, where and what kind of increase to use. I can't seem to do a make 1 purlwise increase without a HUGE hole in my work. So on this third attempt I've thrown out the stupid pattern and I'm doing increases my way, where I want them. Ha.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Leisel said...

Re: Math... it may be strange, but it's not at all unusual. My husband got his degree in electrical engineering. During college, and for at least a year afterwards, he couldn't even add 2 and 2 in his head. Complex math requires heavy reliance on calculators, so your in my head skills don't end up getting practice at all.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i love how that yarn knitted up! i'm going to have to pull out my crochet hooks too, b/c there's been an epidemic of pregnancies amongst my friends... love the afghan you made!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Good for you ... that's the way knitting should be, your way on your own terms! I'd been wondering how this project was going ... it's going to look great!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

That top is looking great and I so love the yarn. Everytime I've checked the yarn is not in stock, but that's ok. I really don't need new yarn.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

That's the fun of knitting... you can say to the yarn, pattern, etc., "You're not the boss of me!". It coming along nicely. I'm look forward to seeing it 'in person'. Hope to see you on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home