Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Shrinkage

We have shrinkage over here. No, not because someone got out of the pool and it's cold...

The bag has finally been felted. It came out a rather odd shape. In fact, it's only the shape it is now due to a lot of pushing and prodding, stretching and blocking. I have to say I almost love it. I'm going to have to needle felt a bit on the sides to truly love it (the decreases really mess up the lattice pattern).


I'll share pictures of the sides after I get them fixed (before and after style). For perspective on how large it turned out we have this shot:




That would be a grand total of 6 DVD's in there stretching and blocking the bottom of this bag. It should be a good size. I don't care for super large bags (unless we are talking about the latest from Interweave - I'll make an exception for that one).

I should have some lovely finished shots very soon. Just have to needle felt, sew on leaves, and decide if I have enough energy to use snaps on the roses or want to be lazy and use safety pins.

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Um. Mr Sittin can't be too happy about the title here. :)

What about the satchel bag from Knitty? I want to make one soon, the larger size. Wouldn't Mr Sittin want one? to go with the hat and scarf set? I suppose I could make one with all the wool I've got, but wouldn't it be purty in the espresso chocolatey brown from Brown Sheep?

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kim said...

It looks great--I can't wait to see the finished product. It was nice meeting you yesterday; I had a great time :) Happy knitting!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Stacey said...

I love it! I really need to make one of those bags! I can't wait to see it with the flowers!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I love the bag too. I can't see a problem. I'm sure once you get the needle felted stuff done you'll be totally in love.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home